These Tips Can Help You Avoid Expensive Downtime And Repairs
Computers rarely stop working overnight. In most cases, there are early warning signs that problems are brewing.
Here are 10 sureﬁre signs that you need to get a professional to investigate your network ASAP:
- Your workstation or server starts running very slowly, freezes up, or crashes.
- Your web browser has been changed to another strange browser you’ve never seen before.
- You are getting an unusual amount of pop-up windows, even when you aren’t surﬁng the web.
- You don’t know if every computer on your network has the most current virus deﬁnitions.
- You don’t know if you have a ﬁrewall in place or the last time it was updated.
- You haven’t attempted to restore your data from a backup tape or other storage device in awhile, and you aren’t checking your backup log for errors.
- You receive e-mails accusing you of sending spam, and/or you ﬁnd e-mail messages in your “outbox” or “sent” folder that you didn’t send.
- Your computer starts making a grinding, clicking, or loud whirring sound.
- The fan is constantly running.
- You are getting a growing number of error messages, and you are forced to create work-arounds to complete certain work tasks.
If any of these signs are present, you should contact a pro immediately to investigate further!
The old saying of an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure is especially true in the world of computers and all things digital; and if you are like most businesses, your computer network is critical to the operation of your company – so make sure you don’t procrastinate if any of these signs are present.
Ideally, you should perform regular health checks and maintenance on your network to make sure problems don’t crop up. Here’s why:
- Critical security updates need to be applied at least once a month to protect you from a constant ﬂow of new hacker attacks.
- Firewall, virus and spyware protection need to be monitored and updated on a daily basis because new attacks are released daily.
- Your data backup system needs to be monitored and tested frequently to ensure easy data recovery in the event of loss. The rate of tape drive failure is 100%; that’s why you need to frequently monitor your backups.
- Servers and workstations need regular tune-ups to keep them running fast and error free.
- Monitoring of disk space is important to avoid data loss, crashes, and storage problems.
- Server event logs need to be monitored for early alerts to network issues.
One of the biggest mistakes business owners make is taking a reactive approach to network support and maintenance rather than a proactive one.
In other words, they wait until something stops working and THEN they call in the professionals to ﬁx it. This approach not only costs more in the long run, but it also leaves you vulnerable to more devastating crashes such as data corruption and loss, virus attacks, and extended downtime.
Even NEW computers and equipment need regular maintenance because new threats are constantly evolving.
Fortunately, there is an inexpensive and easy way for you to completely avoid – even anticipate and prevent – these problems while making your network far more secure, reliable, and problem free.
We call it our “No Problem Network Support” plan, and it’s designed speciﬁcally for the small to medium business owner that doesn’t have the time, expertise, or staff to perform this regular network maintenance.
Thanks to advancements in support technology, we can now monitor your network 24/7/365 days a year and provide all the maintenance your server needs for a fraction of the time and cost.
For a ﬂat, monthly fee, you’ll get 24/7 remote monitoring of your network to not only ensure that it is running at peak performance, but also to guarantee that your data is being backed up and secured, that your virus deﬁnitions are up-to date, that your ﬁrewall is conﬁgured properly, that your server is optimized, as well as keep an eye on over 100 system processes and alerts that could spell problems brewing.
If you hired a technician – even a junior one – to perform these basic network tasks, it could easily cost you $40,000 in salary, insurance, and hiring costs. If you were to outsource this type of service, it would easily run you $800 to $1,000 a month in hourly, on-site fees.
However, thanks to the No Problem Network Support plan, we can deliver all of these services to you for as little as $189 per month.
We’re so certain that you are going to LOVE this service we are willing to give it to you for 3 months, absolutely FREE, and without any obligation whatsoever.
If at the end of those 3 months you aren’t absolutely convinced that this service is worth every penny you are paying for the fast service and peace of mind, simply call or send us an e-mail that says, “this just isn’t what I had in mind,” and we’ll stop the service immediately—no payment, no obligation.
That way, you have absolutely nothing to risk. What could be more fair than that?
But if you decide to keep the service, we’ll bill you a ﬂat monthly fee that you’ve agreed upon up front — no surprises, hidden costs, or extra fees.
And, to make it even more of a “no-brainer,” we’re going to offer the ﬁrst 5 clients a very special VIP discount to create an even greater incentive for you to sign up TODAY.
To take advantage of this FREE 3-month trial, contact us at 734-457-5000, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.